United we stand, divided we fall... Freedom Loving American Patriot, Patrick Henry

God Will Bless America, When America Obeys God
When asked at the end of the Constitutional Convention if we were left with a Republic or a Monarchy?
BENJAMIN FRANKLIN replied: “A Republic, if you can keep it.”

News And Comments

............................................................................................

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

State House edits 'Jesus' from pastor's prayer - The York Daily Record

"The pastor declined the invitation after someone on McCall's staff told him he could not use Jesus' name in the prayer.

'First of all, I don't see how Jesus is denominational. The whole Christian world is called after him,' Stoltzfoos said. 'I just feel like, if you want me to pray, then I have to pray to the one thing I know. I only know one God personally. I only serve one God. How do I do something that dishonors him?'

The policy -- not yet three months old -- requires guest chaplains to first submit their prayers in writing and then, if deemed necessary, agree to change their words to meet 'nondenominational' guidelines established by McCall's staff."

No comments: