United we stand, divided we fall... Freedom Loving American Patriot, Patrick Henry

God Will Bless America, When America Obeys God
When asked at the end of the Constitutional Convention if we were left with a Republic or a Monarchy?
BENJAMIN FRANKLIN replied: “A Republic, if you can keep it.”

News And Comments

............................................................................................

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Bush Says Creation 'Not Incompatible' With Evolution - FOXNews.com Transition Tracker

Interviewer Cynthia McFadden asked Bush if the Bible was literally true.

"You know. Probably not. ... No, I'm not a literalist, but I think you can learn a lot from it, but I do think that the New Testament for example is ... has got ... You know, the important lesson is 'God sent a son,"' Bush said.

"It is hard for me to justify or prove the mystery of the Almighty in my life," he said. "All I can just tell you is that I got back into religion and I quit drinking shortly thereafter and I asked for help. ... I was a one-step program guy."

The president also said that he prays to the same God as those with different religious beliefs.

"I do believe there is an almighty that is broad and big enough and loving enough that can encompass a lot of people," Bush said.


WOW! You know, he didn't speak like this when he was running for office. It seems that these politicians love to "sound" Christian while seeking and in office, but they only let the truth out through thier actions (hard to hide them, though they try), and after their final term is over (when they don't need us anymore). You know, for all the liberal and neo-con talk about American voters and how Conservative Christians don't play that great of a roll, (as they brush off our concerns and questions), yet they sure do spend a lot of time telling us how "Christian" they are to get our vote. If Christians we not very important...why wait till the end of the term to say this about what you really believe? Why not speak like this when you're running for office too?

No comments: